Followers

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lily of the Valley

Just a very quick post here as I seem to have been well sidetracked this evening <g>.  I won this fabulous digi Lily of the Valley by Rachel Anderson last week have have been longing for the opportunity to use it so this afternoon I gave myself some 'me time' to create a card with it.

First I created the graduated background and placed the digi on top.

When I planned the card I wanted to use green lace which I was sure I had in my stash.  Alas, after hunting and finding red, blue, purple, brown, black and white but no green I had to get creative.  Backup plan was to cover my white card blank with green embossed paper and then overlay white lace coloured with my precious Promarkers to get the effect I wanted <g>  The lace was then sprayed with adhesive spray and placed on the prepared card blank.

While this was drying I set to work on colouring the digi. As you can see, I seemed to have used a multitude of colours <g>
I finished of the digi with Lilac Liquid Pearls on the hair and wings and Ice Stickles for over the dew drops for a bit of shimmer. Next was to create some embellishments and a tag for the card.  I deliberately used a dark green card which would not be to noticeable against the background as I don't like cluttered cards but do like to see lots going on <g>  I used one of the snowflakes from Impression Obsession Snowflakes and embellished them with more Lilac Liquid Pearls.  The tag is from X-Cut tags.
 
Now to assemble my card.  I made the bow, and placed the snowflake dies where I wanted them.  Next I mounted the digi on dark green card and attached this to the card blank with foam tape for added dimension.  The tag was attached with foam tape too.  To finish off I place a small mauve purple heart gem in the centre of the bow.  Here we have the finished card.

Ingredients:-

  • Digi - Lily of the Valley by Rachel Anderson
  • Card from Craft Creations
  • Dies -Impression Obsession Snowflakes and X-Cut tags
  • Promarkers and Flexmarkers
  • Green embossed paper, lace, Liquid Pearls, Ice Stickles, Peel Off sticker from my stash.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

20 comments:

  1. Oh what an absolutely stunning card .......All those beautiful shades of green with the little touches of lilac are so easy and pleasurable to the eye. The graded green background for your beautiful image really does set the tone of Nature for the entire card.

    Needless to say, , I'm having a little smile at how your favourite Promarkers have come to your rescue once again but actually, what a wonderful solution ....The lace is so delicate and perfect for your gentle image, whilst your green die cut snowflakes look like a slightly different lace. What interest without distraction. Then we get even more texture with your beautifully made bow drawing attention to the lovely Birthday tag.

    It really looks as though you really enjoyed creating this beautiful card Treasure ....and I love it. I'd mark this as a very successful afternoon's crafting. xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear God! This is a real stunner. I was wondering where the use of markers was looking at the first photo only. LoL A really amazing card and perfect use of your markers in different ways. FABBY! I totally adore it all, green is such a hard colour to work with. This is smashing! Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Promarkers and joining my digital challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous & delicious card...just loving all your work you have done...very clever!.
    Thank you for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Debi - GDT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Design and just love the colour's.... thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love the pleasure of your company in next week's challenge.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B~Owner Fan-Tatic Tuesday Challenge
    Xx -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 17: whimsical/fantasy - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very inspirational card Mimi, really lovely work, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the lace in this project. You have a great sense of color with all these greens. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the detail you put into this card! Thanks for sharing and playing along over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, Monica, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card and image thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning card Mimi!!!! the image is beautifully coloured, the lace background is amazing! good idea to use your promarkers to colour it! thank you so much for joining our Make your own background paper at Sentimental Sundays !
    Mirella DK
    DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous colouring and a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow that is stunning, love the image and your wonderful coloring. thanks for joining us at jic, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, stunning card and love what you did with the layout. Fabulous work. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. We hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mimi, what a gorgeous and original card. I love the image and your colouring is fab and your coloured lace looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow so stunning mimi.really striking colours and design and i love the beautiful image.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi